CHAMPION TAILS are the original and only professional Tail Makers who do this for their living and for over 30years have set the standard at which tails should be made.
The lengths for all Champion Tails false tails are advertised to the cut-off point, NOT , to the length of the longest hairs.
When pricing your tails please take note of the weights of the tails. Our standard length Double False Horse Tail Extension is 470g. So make sure if you ask for a double you are getting one which weighs 470g.
Our Pony Length Tails are 61cm from the base of the loop to the cut off point.
Our Standard Length are 76cm from the base of the loop to the cut off point.
Our Western Length Tails are 91cm from the base of the loop to the cut off point.
The lengths for all Champion Tails false tails are advertised to the cut-off point, NOT , to the length of the longest hairs and for Western Length they are not just 2 tails joined together or just the dock of the false tail made really long as this will inhibit the natural swing of the tail..
- The best tails which last the longest are hand wefted (wigged tails), so if you really want your tail to last a very long time this is the type of tail to buy. We have been making tails for over 30yrs and there are still many of our tails of that age still around and in excellent condition.
- Ask if the tails are guaranteed. Champion Tails false tails come with a lifetime guarantee on workmanship. We give back up support for all our false tails, we have had some tails come back with loop repairs that are over 25years old and we are still happy to help at no charge for this service.
- Thin at the top so they are well hidden. Bulk at the top will mean you have to sit the tail higher in the existing tail so you lose length. Also, a lot more comfortable for the horse
Make sure that if you are not happy with the colour you can exchange your tail. If you have not cut it off or tampered with it we are always happy to exchange tails. This is most important, especially with chestnut tails, because sometimes you can take a sample and depending where you take it from in the tail, it can give you a completely different look.. These are the same tail taken in different lights. This is why we prefer a sample to match your horse.
- When asking for a weighted tail, please state how heavy you want the weight to be. We do custom weights from 300 – 800g
- When purchasing a weighted tail, make sure the weight is sewn into the weave and not hanging from the bottom of the tail. We also add two loops to these tails for your horses comfort.